«Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.»
Do you have an idea for a new line of watches, but you are not sure where to start?
Learn from the pros.
Woodshores Report is published by a team of industry insiders with 16 years of experience with established watch brands, micro brands and connected watched.
Our material reveals the unwritten rules of the watchmaking industry, provides an analytical method for creating new watch lines, and helps you to avoid common pitfalls.
What do you need to begin?
- A passion for watches and entrepreneurship.
- A curiosity for learning how to build a watch brand from A to Z.
- The courage to come out of your comfort zone.
- The motivation to turn a hobby into a business.
Thanks to our material you will:
- Learn the intricacies of the watch industry. The stuff that neither retailers nor watchmakers will ever tell you: the real manufacturing costs, the real margins and the real commissions.
- Become an expert at identifying the 5 styles across which brands play to differentiate themselves from the competition.
- Become an expert at identifying the 6 major quality levels of watchmaking.
- Become an expert at choosing the right suppliers based on your sourcing model.
- Use quantitative and qualitative competitive research to be ahead of trends instead of trying to catch up with them.
- Use all that acquired knowledge to create an eye-catching line of watches.
- Generate a growing cash flow by choosing the right sales strategy.
- Avoid the common pitfalls that no one never tells you about.
Who is our material for?
- You are an aspiring entrepreneur who is at the investigative stage of your project
- You have already started the development of your project.
- You have already completed several stages in a self-taught and empirical manner, and you are now looking at capping it off with a professional touch.
We are a team of industry experts with 16 years experience in qualitative and quantitative competitive research, design management, watch assembly and gold smithing.
Based on first hand, real world experience, our material outlines the best practice for creating unique and novel watches that will encompass the taste of consumers from a wide range of markets.
Our material is available under five different categories:
- Trends Reports (free) made publicly available on this website, via RSS feed or via our Newsletter.
- Reports (paid-for) on our qualitative and quantitative method, accessible via paid subscription.
- Suppliers Shortlists (paid-for), which list some of the best suppliers that we have met across Europe and Asia in 15 years of activity.
- Frequently Asked Questions (free), where you can read about common concerns and join the discussion.
- Retainer-based Consulting Packages (paid-for), scalable according to your budget and project needs.